Let's Get Silly


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ben and Jerry Meet an Untimely End

While grocery shopping the other night, my husband sent me a text requesting ice cream.  I'm super giving and lovely, so I threw the ice cream in the cart.  When we were unloading groceries he put it into the freezer and I moved on with my life, stupidly assuming the ice cream would not hurt us.  I'm such a fool.  Remember, this house is trying to kill us?

Soon after, I innocently tried to get ice out of the ice maker for my water.  And I couldn't understand why it was making a choppy noise, yet no ice was coming out.  About an hour later I hear from the kitchen,  


Oh, God!  Oh, honey, no! 

My heart stopped for a moment as I thought surely something happened to one of our children to illicit such a response from him, but no, he was pleading to God about his ice cream.  

You see, he had put the Ben and Jerry's INTO OUR ICE MAKER doo hickey.  

Why?  Oh, it's hard to say.   Why did I once leave a washcloth blocking the drain in the bathroom sink and then forget to turn off the faucet in one of my old apartments?  


These things can't be explained sometimes.  We can only clean up the disastrous messes left in the wake of our bad decisions.  


And in my case, the neighbor in the apartment below must also clean up the disastrous messes left from my bad decisions.  

But I'd like you to see what his decision resulted in, but please prepare yourselves....it is brutal to view ice cream violated in this manner:


                                         

                                     
                   Notice that he still ate it.  This is why he's my soul mate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason I couldn't see the pic. I'm will take your word the icecream was violated! Hey can't blame the guy for ice cream is one of my favs! Traci

Amanda said...

Can you see it now?

Can you hear me now?
Can you hear me now?

Seriously, blog things are hard for me. I'm special like that.

Sta said...

hahaha! That made me laugh!!
p.s. i don't blame him for still eating it!!
http://supermamawannabe.blogspot.com

Amanda M. said...

I would totally have still eaten it,too. :)

Belly Questions said...

So Funny. Obviously your ice maker has fantastic taste. Your husband had no choice but to eat it...all of it! I read this right after I discovered my shower head is falling out of the wall...fantastic.

Megs said...

Ha ha ha! My favorite part of the story is G.R.'s reaction being severe enough you thought something could have happened to the kids. I can just hear it :) I also would have eaten it. Can't let the freezer win.