Let's Get Silly


Friday, February 18, 2011

My Thing is Back

Remember how I have a thing now?  


I know, you can't even believe I just asked if you remember because you've been counting down the minutes all week until Facebook Status Friday.  You need to watch that you know, you must still concentrate on your work and homes lives lest you lose it all simply waiting for Friday Facebook each week.  If you really need your fix, you can just jump into my archives and swim through.  I mean, I've been blogging for like a month so there are literally tens of posts to read.


Look what Mark Zuckerberg looked like when I told him, in person, that I was going to be doing Facebook Status Friday:
Calm down, big guy.  
                                       


Here we go:


1.)  Yesterday, while in a play area crowded with parents and children, my daughter yelled to another kid, "Don't touch my baby sister's face!  She has pink eye!".  This caused every parent in the room to look at me with a face like this:
                                             
She does not currently have pink eye, so that was awesome.  She was treated and is fine now.  Also, when you try and back track and say your kid does not have pink eye- no one believes you, FYI.  You are better off just running out of the emergency exits.


2.)  On that note, my stats show me that recently someone came upon my blog after googling "Second round of pink eye".  I'm so proud!  Then, I checked my Twitter account and noticed I'd been put on a new list.  I was all "Of course they did, I'm awesome!" and while gloating I clicked on the list to see if it said "Best blog ever" or "I wish my blog was like this one!".  Nope, it said "Dad Blogs".  
Between showing up in a search for ongoing pink eye issues and being called a man, I'm starting to think I'm not quite accomplishing with my blog what I had hoped.


3.)  Gov. Scott Walker, remember how you went to school for years and all those teachers and education helped you become the successful condescending asshole  politician that you are today?   Yeah, I would not hold your breathe on that "Scott Walker Day" event at your alma maters.


4.)  After all the wishing and hoping we did that The Bachelor's Brad would wake up and see that Michelle beating him with her fists and acting controlling was actually an indicator that she's psycho, was anyone else surprised at how sad it was to see her go?  The rest of the girls all get along and hug each other.  Booooring.


5.)  You need something at work to pass the time until you can stop surfing the net and go home.  Here is an oldie, but a goodie that you need to revisit:  


Alanis Morissette sings Fergie's My Humps






Happy Friday!

9 comments:

Amanda M. said...

I loathe Fidel Walker. He sux. I LOVE the pink eye story. LOVE it.

Denise said...

I love your blog so I have awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award! Check it out on my page.
http://thecre8tivemom.com

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

You are my hilarious hero!!! I love your blog!

Liz said...

Oh no! HAHAHA! First, pink eye allegations and then a "Dads" twitter list?!

I hope next week is better for you!

Katrina said...

I've been known to look a bit like Victoria from time time...

you made me laugh out loud with that pink-eye story! Love your sense of humor!

Amanda said...

Hilarious hero? I like it. Maybe I'll rename the blog.... :)

Liz, sadly this is a pretty normal week for me. Next week will probably just hold new embarrassing experiences!

Katrina, I think having that Victoria look is something all women can accomplish. It comes with years of marriage and children. When they aren't deserving it, someone in public is!

Anonymous said...

The pink eye story is the best. I'm usually the one giving people those looks.

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up today :)

Im your newest follower
~Veronica

Charlene said...

LOL - I love your style. Silly is just so much FUN! (Now following so I can read tens of more posts!)