Let's Get Silly


Friday, March 25, 2011

Polygamist Puppy

My daughter is a hamster.  She takes several naps during the day and then she's all I want to run in my spinning hamster wheel!  all night.  The exhaustion this has brought to my life has caused me to have super odd dreams.  And when I say they are weirder than normal, people like my husband know I mean WEIRD.  Like if you cracked open Weird Al's head, you'd see my dreams in there.


Last night as I snuck in sleep between 5am and 7am, which takes me from when Evie finally falls soundly asleep until my 5 year old creeps into my room quietly so she can scare the crap out of me when she stands over my bed and sings, "Time to get up!".  Sings it!  Right in my face.  In the morning!  She can't be mine or she'd know the morning is a sad time that is only saved by coffee.


In that little window I had a dream that I was at my mother and father-in-law's house.  When we got there we were surprised with their new addition- a third boxer puppy.  My mother-in-law was happy because she said she finally got the girl boxer she'd always dreamed of.  I'm no dream analyst, but I have a funny feeling her daughters and I should be a bit put off by that statement.  


This dog was extremely creepy, and only my father-in-law and I seemed to notice this fact.  The dog looked like a boxer, except it had a puff on it's head like the women in that cult Oprah visited.  
Picture a Boxer with this hair.
 So this creepy ass boxer was making my father-in-law extremely uncomfortable.  So he kept trying to get me to take it home.  I guess he thought a creepy boxer with a feathery flip of hair on it's head was just the ticket for me.  Luckily I was able to escape the visit creepy boxer free and head home where the only animal was my cat, Gladys.  Gladys hates everything, including all people including us, so there's no worries for me there that she'd suddenly want to be all flippy haired.


I'm not going to lie.  Telling that story was the entire point of this post.  And just think how much time you wasted reading it, assuming it had some sort of ending that would bring forth a reason to bring any of this up.   


Suckers.
                                  

6 comments:

ShanimalsCrackers.blogspot.com said...

Haha, actually last night I had a REALLY weird dream. It was weird...horrible...and weird. Just this morning I was thinking about keeping a dream journal because of my freakish nightmares. But I still haven't written anything down.

Anonymous said...

You got me! I'm a sucker. I guess I'll read anything with the word polygamist in it. It's a weird thing about me. And no, we're not polygamist. We're Lutherans (the conservative kinds)!

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

LOL - you got me. And here I Was waiting for a picture of the said creepy dog

myinnerchick.com said...

"Like if you cracked open Weird Al's head, you'd see my dreams in there."
You are absolutely my kind of girl :)

myinnerchick.com said...

"Like if you cracked open Weird Al's head, you'd see my dreams in there."
You are absolutely my kind of girl :)

Suniverse said...

Well played.