Let's Get Silly


Friday, April 15, 2011

Horses and Handguns

I just had this conversation with my daughter:






Nora, we were invited to visit someone tomorrow for a cook out.  They have horses!  And you know what else?  They have 4 year old and 7 year old girls you can play with.


I want to ride the 7 year old.


What?


I want to ride the 7 year old.


The kid? 


I want to ride the 7 year old horse.


Sigh.  No, they have horses and 4 and 7 year old daughters.


Mom, don't call their kids, horses.  That's mean.  






God help me if I don't find an adult to converse with soon.  Preferably one that can sort through my jibberish better than my daughter.  


Luckily, we are getting together with some of my husband's co-workers tomorrow for a cook-out.  As mentioned, the family has horses, and it's been promised that Nora can ride one of the horses.  So my next post may come from the local hospital.


Do you think it's to much if I run up to the wife and scream "DO YOU WANT TO BE MY NEW BEST FRIEND?!"  


I feel like it might be, but maybe I'm wrong.


Speaking of local hospitals, my husband played basketball at a church open gym on Wednesday night.  He hasn't done such a thing in quite awhile and he's....a little sore now.  We aren't sure if he's going to make it yet or not, that's still in question.  He has a blister on his toe that may be the cause of death.  My brother in law thought maybe I should rub some Vagisil on it.   Hee hee!


I can't wait to see what ads pop up now that I used Vagisil in this blog post.


Lastly, I shared this with my Facebook peeps earlier in the week and had to share it here too.  I recently changed my Living Social deals to reflect my move to the burbs of Dallas.  When I received my first local deal, here it was:


Living Social Handgun Rental Package for Two


Now, if I can just find a baby sitter we are all set for our first hot date night in Texas!  


Happy weekend!

10 comments:

Megs said...

Ha ha ha! I can totally hear that conversation between you and Nora. I want to see pictures of her on a horse! Have a great time with other adults. Enjoy some adult beverages too. Try not to refer to their children as horses :)

myinnerchick.com said...

What a delightful conversation with little Nora...
but I do hope you find a real adult girl-friend soon or you may go insane.... xx

Amanda M. said...

OMG! Nora is HIGH-LARIOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Hope you didn't scare off the wife too badly. Let us know how it went.

Unknown said...

Hilarious! I gave you a blog award so come check it out and accept!
www.mrsmcentire.blogspot.com

Suniverse said...

I think if there's enough booze involved, you can totally ask that woman to be your new best friend.

Also, a handgun date? SO ROMANTIC.

Edie Mindell said...

LOL!!!! What a conversation. It's so funny and hilarious.:-) Your child calling you mean because of what you said is really funny. Can't get it out of my mind now.:-)

The Spaghetti Westerner said...

Handgun date - that's awesome! So funny.

I'm guilty of practically assaulting other women with small children with my desire to be their friend. Oddly, it usually doesn't work out...haha.

Susan said...

Seriously. I am almost peeing in my pants. This comes quite easy to me, being a mom of three but still!!! You are hilarious. Truly hilarious.

Thanks for the laughs.
xo
babymama

Anonymous said...

In case you are past puberty and haven't yet achieved your desired height then all just isn't lost. There are some methods by which you'll be able to nonetheless enhance your height or at the very least appear taller following puberty.
Watch what you consume. It is essential that your diet aids the development of one's bones, muscles and tendons using the correct amount of proteins, carbohydrates and vitamins. Calcium as well should form an crucial part of the diet. A wholesome diet will help the development of healthful bones and when combined using the correct exercises, it'll support you achieve these vital inches whilst also decreasing chances of fractures in the future.
Commence stretching workout routines. You need to embark on a body-building program so as to speedily procedure the proteins, carbohydrates and vitamins within your diet but be certain to include stretching exercises inside your routine. Toe-touches, crunches and many other similar workout routines can help you to stretch out your arms, legs and spine, which in turn can add inches to your height, if done correctly and consistently for a longer time.
Look taller. Even as you try exercising your approach to improve your height, you'll be able to also seem taller by making a few changes in your wardrobe. Wear darker clothing with vertical stripes as opposed to horizontal ones. You'll be able to also buy shoes with hidden insoles that may boost your height significantly. An erect posture as well can make you look taller than you really are although a confident strategy will ensure that you just tower above the rest.
Go under the knife. Should you usually are not afraid of surgery then you definitely can certainly go below the surgeon's knife to enhance your height. The surgeon will separate every limb bone and will insert metal plates and screws to hold them in spot until new bone grows into the gap. Even so, surgery can be painful, take very a extended time to heal and may also expense a good deal of money. You should understand the pros and cons of surgery before you go for it.
Do you understand that there is certainly a mind blowing secret using which it is possible to improve your height with 3 inches or far more In Just 6 Weeks? And that too regardless of one's age? There's a little identified underground secret to increasing taller which no a single knows. I strongly urge you to read each and every word on the page.

[url=http://www.deelsonheels.com/$2099_Dual_Air_Cushioned_Shoe_Lifts/p133745_317500.aspx]Shoe Lift[/url]

http://www.deelsonheels.com/$999_Shoe_Straps_for_Loose_Shoes/p133745_317683.aspx