Let's Get Silly


Friday, July 1, 2011

Facebook Friday Makes Us All Feel Okay!




1.  What kind of kinky sex life do you think those people on the mattress commercials have if they need to make sure one of them can jump up and down while the other stares at a wine glass that is lying on a mattress?

2.  Has your Dad figured out how to take his picture with his computer, mess with it and send it to you?  Because mine did.  Has your Dad asked you not to forward the picture but forgotten to ask you not to post it in your blog?  Because mine did.


I heart his suspenders!


3.)  I stepped on a giant Texas sized cricket with my bare foot yesterday.  I tell this to you, my friends, so that next time you see me there will be no need to ask why I only have one foot.  It's always so awful having to tell the same story over and over.  Obviously, I had to saw the other one off because it would be impossible to rid myself of the memory or the cricket guts any other way.  I plan on keeping the foot and slapping my pest management service across the face with it next time they visit.


4.  Isn't it amazing that we live in a country where in the same week that same-sex marriage is legalized in New York, Michele Bachmann announces her 2012 presidential campaign?  Also, I'm so freaking glad I had my wedding before all these gay men have their weddings.  Because seriously, no one will ever have any event as fabulous as these gay men are about to have, and there is going to be absolutely no way to compete with them.  
I'd be all:  "My DJ gave out crazy props to my guests like toy guitars and stuff to dance with during my reception!"  
And my gay friend would be all, "Oh, honey....".  


5.  Check this site out.  It's called Dear Photograph and it made me both sad and awestruck.  (Not in the way The Bachelorette does, in a good melancholy type of way.)   


Happy 4th of July!  God Bless the USA!  (Aren't I super complex?  My belief in God and my support of gay marriage all in one post! Crazy town!)

9 comments:

Amanda M. said...

ha! I love you! I love that you totally threw your dad under the bus like that. I would so totally do the same to mine. tee hee.

Ixy said...

LOL!! When I was in my teens I accidentally poked my sister's rabbit in the eye, and my finger still hasn't recovered from the trauma.

shah said...

The random craziness - you gotta love it! And I do. Happy weekend.

Shah athttp://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/07/weekend-creation-blog-hop-dead-party.html XX

Julie said...

Have I told you lately that I love you?

(which is now, apparently okay in NY but still up in the air out here in California...)

Sorry about your foot.

shah said...

Who doesn't love silliness? Its sisters with randomness. Following form the blog hop ;D Shah/ X

doreen said...

Oh your poor Dad (I would have done the same thing). I always say if you do not want it on my blog then just do not do it or say it...
I feel your creeps OMGoodness; I do not even like my feet to feel wet let alone a bug...uggghhh!
I am cracking up over the wedding thing...My are there going to be some new traditions...
I'm with you A God loving; everybody loving kind of person. I look at it this way TRUE Christians understand that we are not to judge anyone. That is up to God and I believe he loves everyone.
Have a great weekend!!

myinnerchick.com said...

Great Post! Loved it ;)

Shelly Suhr said...

I'm a little late to the party on this one - but that Dear Photograph website made me cry at work. NO FAIR! (We're not going to talk about how or why I'm reading your blog at work). Also - are you watching the Bachelorette? Because it's a train wreck I am incapable of looking away from and I thought I had beat this addiction. Finally - you are awesome.

Krisztina Clifton said...

OMG, I just now caught this post, and I am dying laughing!!!!