Let's Get Silly


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's More Important? The Love...Or The Silliness?

The title of my blog is a little weird.  I suppose that is fitting, but figured I'd given an explanation.  My husband is actually the one who came up with the name and it's based on our favorite episode of Friends.  


It's our favorite because it exemplifies how a fight between the two of us would go down.  It occurred in an episode where Chandler and Monica started out happy because they had decided to move in together, and their excitement soon fizzled due to their inability to agree on what they should do with the second bedroom.  Ross stepped in to help.  


G.R. and I don't really fight much, but we do irritate the hell out of each other.  Every good couple drives each other crazy, and this is accomplished by using some very distinct attributes of each person's personality.  In our case, G.R. is a know it all and I am sarcastic and touchy.  


Watch the following link and you will see where the blog's name came to be.  Pay particularly close attention to when Chandler chooses the exact wrong time to be a know it all and Monica asks him "Why do you do it?",while trying to kill him with her eyes.  


Fond of the Silliness ~ Friends Episode
*you have to click on the link because I'm not smart enough to get the you tube video IN my blog.  It will open a new screen, so don't be afraid of being whisked away from my awesome and life changing words.



That my friends, is what it's like to be a fly on the wall when G.R. and I are irritating each other.  


When it came time to name the blog, G.R. threw this one out there and that's how it came to be. 

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

And now I love you even more.

(Which isn't the best medicine, as we know, but still.)